Statistics topics for comment
We seek views on our statistical publications, in line with the National Statistics Code of Practice and on other statistics issues. If you use any of our statistics publications, we would be interested in hearing what you use them for and how well it meets your requirements. Please click here to send us your comments
On 23 January 2013, DWP opened a consultation on "People and households claiming Universal Credit, Personal Independence Payment and other benefits: Plans for 2013-2017".
The outcome of this consultation will shape the content and format of the Statistical Summary through to 2017 and beyond. It will run until 24 April 2013.
Jobseekers Allowance Sanctions Statistics
- For access to the consultation paper click here
- DWP is running a consultation on Jobseekers Allowance Sanctions statistics. The consultation aims to get views on changes to the current reports in order to accurately reflect the changes to the JSA Sanctions regime being introduced from 22 October 2012. The consultation will run until 23 January 2013.
Claimant Count Statistics
- ONS is running a consultation on Claimant Count statistics. The Claimant Count generally aims to measure the number of people who receive benefits principally for the reason of being unemployed. It is currently based on Jobseekers Allowance but needs to change because of the introduction of Universal Credit.
- The consultation which runs until 23 November 2012 is available on ONS's open consultations webpage.
Statistics regarding job vacancies handled by Jobcentre Plus
- In late autumn 2012, there were fundamental changes in Jobcentre Plus handling of employer vacancies and services in support of job search. This meant that existing National Statistics on Jobcentre Plus vacancies ceased from November 2012 and no further releases on Nomis will be available. The new internet-based statistics derived from Universal Jobmatch are available to all users at Directgov jobs and skills search - Public reports. However, definitions are not consistent with the existing series.
- The DWP consultation with users of the statistics has now closed. Here is a note summarising user views and the next steps being undertaken.
If you have any feedback on the type of statistics users would like to see made available for the Work Programme, please let us know by emailing: email@example.com