Households Below Average Income (HBAI) 1994/95-2010/11
This is the twenty-third edition of the Households Below Average Income (HBAI) series. This report presents information on potential living standards as determined by disposable income in 2009/10, changes in income patterns over time and income mobility.
A full copy of the publication can be accessed here: HBAI 1994/95 - 2010/11
Households Below Average Income Publication (HBAI) Usage Survey 2010-11
The Households Below Average Income team are undertaking a publication usage survey to capture data about the users of our publication with the aim of ensuring that the report continues to meet their needs. To respond please download the Usage Survey Feedback form. The deadline for comments is Friday, 7 September 2012.
This section includes an overview of the background, changes over time and shows:
- summary of key findings,
- distribution of disposable income,
- how different client groups (children, working-age adults and pensioners) are distributed across income quintiles,
- the percentage of each client group below various fractions of median income,
- the composition by client group of the total number of people below these thresholds,
- material deprivation (children and pensioner chapters only),
- decile medians and quintile medians in real terms,
- population estimates for key groups,
- measures of income inequality,
- percentages of groups with income below various fractions of contemporary median income, and
- percentages of groups with income below various fractions of base-year median income.
- persistent low income statistics
This section includes the glossary and definitions of the terms used in the report, more detail on HBAI methodology: