Visualisation: Work Programme statistics
Work Programme statistics have been made available via Google Public Data Explorer which enables users to visualise data via various animated charts.
As with the DWP tabulation tool, the visualisation tool provides users with interactive access to breakdowns of statistics on Work Programme referrals, attachments and job outcomes. In addition the visualisation tool provides monthly cohort information allowing users to track the proportion of each cohort achieving a job outcome in the months following referral to the Work Programme.
Statistics on sustainment payments can be viewed via the tabulation tool available via this link on the Work Programme landing page.
Click the play button on any of the charts below to start visualising the data, or click the ‘Explore data’ links on each chart to customise your own visualisation. Further information on using the visualisation tool can be found below.
Work Programme referrals, attachments and job outcomes
The visualisations below contain monthly numbers on referrals/attachments and job outcomes paid. Visualisations can be created using the following breakdowns: age, ethnicity and payment group for the geographies Great Britain, countries, regions, local authorities, contract package areas and contracts.
The visualisation below contains monthly cohort information which tracks the proportion of each cohort achieving a job outcome in the months following referral to the Work Programme. Visualisations can be created by the following breakdowns: payment group for the geographies Great Britain, countries, regions, local authorities, contract package areas and contracts.
Information on using this tool
Data visualisation tips
- For instructions on how to use Google Data Visualisation, please see Google's Public Data - Help Home page.
- The tool may not display correctly on older internet browsers, including Internet Explorer 6.
Definitions and conventions:
- Caseloads are rounded to the nearest 10, percentages to the nearest one decimal place. All percentages are suppressed where the caseloads have been suppressed.
- Figures are refreshed every 6 months.
- Figures for unknown geographies, ages, payment groups and ethnicities are not included on the tool.
- All caseload data is available via the DWP tabulation tool
- The Work Programme IT payment system update went live in April 2012. All job outcomes prior to this were recorded clerically and uploaded to the system during April and May 2012. The outcome date for these is based on the date the information was uploaded to the system. For job outcomes recorded after this, outcome dates are based on the date that payments were made to providers following pre-payment validation processes to confirm job outcomes. The manual pre-payment validation checks may take time to conduct resulting in a delay between the job outcome being claimed and the date the payment is made to providers, and hence recorded in the statistics. Validation procedures continue to improve to streamline the process as issues are identified. For further details around issues and delays to job outcome payments please see the information note available on the WP landing page
- The underlying data for the cohort analysis can be viewed using the CSV files contained in this ZIP file
- This cohort analysis is linked to the Department's business plan other 'key data measures' for the Work Programme which can be viewed via this link: DWP business plan
- Tables which compare month to month cohorts can be viewed as table 3.1 in the statistical summary